Thursday 28 September 2023

Introduction

Forresters Beach #1 (c) 2023, which will be featured at
this year's Mental Health Art Works! exhibition in East Gosford.

Hi. My name is Geoff. I've been living on the NSW Central Coast for over 23 years. My interests are many and varied, with three out of the top five being writing, blogging and photography. I already have two blogs with their respective 18th anniversaries this year - one dedicated to my gaming activities, the other being more of a personal online diary. This one is going to tie in all three in a different way.
I came up with the idea for this blog back in May 2023 when I was out with a mate having a belated birthday lunch. I ran it by two people – a good friend in Bendigo that I've known since high school and my psychologist. Both liked the idea, so I set about keeping a little journal of places I've eaten at this year with the best intentions of posting them online. Being someone who procrastinates quite a lot, it is now September, and I still haven't posted it. So, seeing the weather today is particularly nice and inspiring I figured I'd get stuck into it.
The Central Coast has many beaches, lakes, bays, etc. as well as an overabundance of places to eat. When I'm out with Monet (my camera) exploring an area, I'll generally work up an appetite and a thirst. The closer to the site the better, but if someone's recommended a place nearby then I'll give it a try.
The basic choice is the burger, a chicken burger preferably if it's around the middle of the day. If the venue is a bistro, a hotel or a club, then I'll no doubt upgrade to a schnitzel meal or my favourite, the parmigiana. All three are meals you should find at any eatery. They're standard fare and if you can't do them right, then perhaps you shouldn't be in hospitality business. Of course, the meal can change depending on the time of day to something more appropriate or due to the ethnicity of the eatery. The sites I mostly visit are not going to be three- or four-star places; more likely they are going to be local (with the emphasis on local) fish and chip shops, cafes, clubs even mobile food vans. There's always a chance that I'll eat somewhere a little more up-market though. I won't post material about dining at fast food chain restaurants, seeing I try to avoid them as much as possible, though I might use them as a point of comparison. Some might even pop up in the advertising. Seeing I don't know how that works I can't say for sure.
I should point out, I'm not a professional food critic, just an amateur who has a specific diet who knows what he wants to eat. If I dine somewhere, I'll write about the place and I'll be as honest as possible. If I like the place I'll be back, if I don't, I won't. I'll include links to where I go and pictures as well seeing that's the whole purpose of going there in the first place.
By the way, I won't limit myself to the Central Coast either. If I have a holiday and visit a place with some sort of watery vista with somewhere to eat nearby, guaranteed it'll end up here.
Before I finish, all pictures featured in this blog are taken by myself and shouldn't be reused without my permission. 

Enjoy. Cheers!

Geoff G Turner

27 September 2023

All links correct at time of posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A rainy day lunch at Woy Woy (April 4)

The Woy Woy Hotel, with the Gnostic Mana Café next door on the corner. Can't believe this is the only picture I've got of it, taken ...