Thursday 28 September 2023

Chittaway Bay (May 22)

Naturally there are plenty of places around here that are far easier to get to if you have a car. I was off for a drive on this particular day to pick up a friend that lives in Killarney Vale and along the way we stopped off for a late lunch. In this particular location at the junctions of Lakeside and Bluebell Avenues is a collection of businesses, mostly eateries. One was spoiled for choice straight away.
I just walked into the one that was closest, which turned out to be Lake Edge Chicken and Seafood, a small little takeaway with a couple of round plastic tables out the front. Thankfully there was a far better dining area across the road, namely Bluebell Park, a small lot currently undergoing a transformation at the time with a children's play area being installed in the back half next to the cycle way, which should have been finished by the time I posted this. Seeing it was a nice day we elected to eat there.
The closest I have to a shot of Chittaway Bay is this photo taken from the
other side of Lake Tuggerah at Long Jetty. I'll rectify that when I get the chance.

Once again, my selection was a chicken burger, whilst my host for the extended weekend opted for some battered barramundi. As it transpires, there was an awful lot of chips wasted – we probably could've just shared a small serving between us and still had some leftover. Still, both items off the menu was satisfactory, with the meal for two (including drinks) costing just under $40.
Thankfully I was able to locate the takeaway in a street directory (and confirm it with Google earth) for a return visit seeing I didn't get any pictures. I'm sure I saw a Red Bus pass us when we were parked, so I'll have to investigate what routes run down that road. If my ankles and calves were feeling cooperative, I could walk around the bay to Lake Jetty and catch a Gosford bound bus from the highway, or at the rear of Stockland Bay Village in Bateau Bay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A rainy day lunch at Woy Woy (April 4)

The Woy Woy Hotel, with the Gnostic Mana Café next door on the corner. Can't believe this is the only picture I've got of it, taken ...