Thursday 28 September 2023

Forster (April 1)

On the coast roughly a 20-30 minute drive southeast of Taree, you'll find this half of the twin towns straddling Wallis Lake. When I visited there on a day trip back in April, I was immediately reminded of The Entrance, with all the tall (dated) apartment blocks near the waterfront. Driving around, I noticed channels and islands which also reminded me of Woy Woy and Tacoma, a small riverside suburb near Wyong. Seeing I've been on the Central Coast so long I generally compare every coastal area I visit to where I live.
One Mile Beach was rather nice (though I suspect considerably short of the old distance measurement), accessible via the Head Street bridge (a rather odd construction) if you're travelling down from Taree. There's an elevated walkway along the carpark off Beach and North Streets, which allows one to admire the view, with a couple of cafes nearby though we didn't stop to try them out.
My hosts had other places to visit, namely a couple of the local op shops and later Stockland Forster Shopping Centre where their preference of cafe was located. I wasn't in a particular hurry seeing it was a particularly nice day, so I saw the sights, thinking it was just like any other large coastal town.
The shopping centre, one level and mostly in a straight line, reminding me of Stockland Bay Village at Bateau Bay. Temptations gourmet takeaway is a rather cozy little affair (next door to the My House store), and my mate's parents had obviously visited here a few times and knew the staff quite well. With a chicken burger on the menu, I was quite satisfied, and the simplistic fare was tasty and adequate enough to fill the hole in my stomach until dinner time. Of course, if that isn't your thing, I'm sure you'll find something else at the centre to tempt your taste buds. 

Link correct at the time of posting.
Picture taken by Geoff G Turner (c) 2023.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A rainy day lunch at Woy Woy (April 4)

The Woy Woy Hotel, with the Gnostic Mana Café next door on the corner. Can't believe this is the only picture I've got of it, taken ...