With
all of the recent medical appointments there are very few options to be
social these days, however, I did receive an offer to get out of the
house on Friday for the entire weekend, which I could hardly refuse.
I would also receive some assistance with another problem I've been
experiencing, a rather complicated psychological one which I'll save
for the life blog when I get around to updating it. I
figured this was worth a separate post rather than just tacking on
another postscript to an earlier post, like I've just done for the
Ourimbah takeaway.
The venue on what was a rather sunny Saturday afternoon, was the Ourimbah RSL. Usually, the only situation I would have cause to dine there, would be for attending a gaming event, like I did back in March this year. Due to all the medical issues I've experienced in the last couple of months, this will most likely be just one of two events that I'll get to this year.
The venue on what was a rather sunny Saturday afternoon, was the Ourimbah RSL. Usually, the only situation I would have cause to dine there, would be for attending a gaming event, like I did back in March this year. Due to all the medical issues I've experienced in the last couple of months, this will most likely be just one of two events that I'll get to this year.
We
didn't arrive until after 2pm, which turned out convenient for us
seeing the lunch rush was well and truly over. I deliberated,
briefly, over having a burger, but opted for the parmigiana instead.
It turned out to be the right choice. Whilst the parmi appeared to be
a little on the small side, it was absolutely delicious and
considering I hadn't had breakfast that morning I cleaned the entire
plate. I would rank that one better than the Everglades parmi and on
par with the Hotel Gosford's offering. Gerry, who was dining with me
today, had the lamb shank. He felt it was good but it wasn't enough.
There needed to be a second one.
We stayed for a couple of drinks, watched some of an afternoon league match on the telly, even ventured outside to enjoy a little sun and watch the lawn bowlers at play before heading home for the day. All in all a good couple of hours at the club.
We stayed for a couple of drinks, watched some of an afternoon league match on the telly, even ventured outside to enjoy a little sun and watch the lawn bowlers at play before heading home for the day. All in all a good couple of hours at the club.
Picture taken by Geoff G Turner (c) 2026.
Links correct at the time of posting.

No comments:
Post a Comment